Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Is Here! 

For the last several years, I have felt like summer was over before it started and I felt like we had squandered it. Since I homeschool four kids, I really need a nice long summer to recharge for the next year. The kids need it too. But, we've been so busy the last couple of summers, I felt like it wasn't a break at all. This summer I want it to be different. I want to run around a lot less. I want to be intentional about making memories, having some good old fashioned summer fun, tackling several cool projects I've pinned on Pinterest, and accomplishing things around our homestead that sorely need doing.

Here are a few things that are on my list:

  • Saving up for a sewing machine and then learning how to make a simple quilt like this one:


  • Making ice cream and lots of it! This is one recipe that caught my eye. We have some lactose intolerance in our family and I have found some neat dairy-free recipes to play around with in my new Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. Woohoo!
  • Signing the kids up for the summer reading program at our library and spending many hours enjoying their wonderful air conditioning while we look at books together.
  • Camping out under the stars and breaking in our new canoe at the lake. Yay!
  • Spending lots of time in Yosemite.
  • Practicing with my new camera and maybe even taking an online class I've had my eye on.
And, as for some of the things we need to get done around the homestead:

  • Renovating the chicken coop and yard for these guys:
  • Fencing off a yard for the dogs.
  • Working on growing some fresh veggies and fruits for our family.
 I do have some other things I hope to accomplish, but I won't beat myself up if I don't get it all done. I want to enjoy this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment