Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Garden Window Spring Makeover



You know how when you look at something everyday, you stop really noticing it? Well, for some reason, last week, I looked at the garden window over my kitchen sink and thought "Wow, that looks really boring and neglected." Not the look I was going for. Here is a "before" picture (please excuse the poor picture quality - my camera died and I am improvising with a phone until I get a new one)...


How about those dirty dishes in the sink? And, doesn't Ajax just say "spring" to you? Just keeping it real. Anyway, I wanted something simple, clean, spring-i-fied (that a word?), and free. So, I shopped the house and came up with a basic vignette that I can add to as funds allow. 


I decided on a platter and a grape ivy in a weathered galvanized bucket (love the farmhouse look!) and a plaque with one of my favorite verses on it. Then I just added some lilacs and lavender from my yard to "spring it up" a little and a candle.


The colors are not as washed out as they appear in the photos, but this area definitely needs a pop of spring color. Hopefully when we head down the mountain in the next few days for our weekly town day, I can check out what Hobby Lobby has in the way of spring decor. C'mon sales!




2 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty! Very 'spring'. Should be able to find some good bargains in town this week--I know we have some good ones here at Hobby Lobby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the creativity! Now your garden window reminds me of spring in Prague! :D It’s amazing what we can do with garden windows, right? I believe it is one part of the house where one can make an impression of the owner’s craftsmanship. How about that half-curtain? I can’t quite see if you retained or removed it. I hope it was the latter. ;) -->Ashlee

    ReplyDelete